Just wanted to give everyone an update on what's happening. As I posted recently, my little side project turned into a bigger thing than I expected. Yes, that's right, a bacon-flavored seasoning has taken over my life.
- We've sold over 16,000 bottles from our website to people in all 50 states and 22 countries, plus several thousand more to stores
- We've been picked up by AOL Food, Slashfood, MSN.com, The Stranger, Serious Eats, the Seattle Times, PC Gamer (who named us their Wonder Gear of the Month this month), Seattle Metropolitan, Seattle magazine and even WWE magazine and have been on ABC Radio, KISW and KOMO in Seattle, and dozens more stations as far away as Louisville, KY
- Bacon Salt has been picked up by over 120 stores in Washington and Oregon (our website is not up to date yet, but a big one just went through with a 70-store Kroger affiliate called QFC, and we're being trialed for a 180 store chain called Meijer in the midwest)
- We're working our way into foodservice - we've got orders and have built business relationships with Sysco and Food Service of America, two of the top 2 food service distributors in the country
- We continue to use social media like Myspace, Facebook and YouTube to get the word out as well as our blog. You can view our promotional video that we're using with stores here: www.baconsaltmovie.com.
In the near future, we're launching something called Operation Bacon Salt, which will send free Bacon Salt to the troops in bacon-less countries like Iraq and Afghanistan. Overall, this has easily been the most fun I've had in my career (no offense to any previous employers).
Despite my radio silence, I've been keeping close tabs on what's happening in the recruiting industry. I'd love to hear from you, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.